Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
Conflicts, incompatibility, and crashes, oh my!
The release of Microsoft’s latest feature update to Windows 10, dubbed the Fall Creators Update, introduces a number of user experience and security improvements, though it might not be quite ready for everyday use.
Keeping your PC software up to date is one of the better ways to avoid security and reliability issues. However, the biannual feature updates for Windows 10 are substantial patches that may conflict with your existing hardware and software. During the week since its release, the EVAN staff has been tracking issues and cataloging solutions in the following areas:
- Office 2007 no longer functioning
- Office documents opening slowly
- Start Menu items disappearing or being added
- Antivirus/anti-malware conflicts with Windows Defender
- Wireless device disconnections
- Loss of network connectivity
- Gmail not synchronizing
- Blue screen errors
What can you do?
- If you are already having issues, roll back to the prior version of Windows via system restore or backup file
- Delay major Windows updates like these for at least one week to see if reported issues would impact your hardware or favorite software
- Contact an EVAN IT Pro!
How can we help?
- We can diagnose errors and walk you through options
- We can roll back updates or apply patches
- We can reinstall software or drivers to improve compatibility
- We can recommend software or hardware upgrades to reduce future potential conflicts
EVAN is more than just a great source of technology information; we have Master Certified Professionals waiting to meet your IT needs right now.